Sunday, February 09, 2014

Retirement on 1/31/2014

Yes, I retired a few days ago. After almost 48 years, it feels different not to have to get up in the morning and get ready to go to work. No bad though, I actually like it very much. Finally, I have time to work on all the projects I have been saving up for years. Finally, I can use up the gigantic stash of yarns and patterns I have been collecting. Now all I have to do is stay healthy. Oh, I will continue to work from home a little bit but not until I get a little bored. My little granddaughter is almost 8 years old now and will have a baby sister in the next few days. We are excited about that and John and I will go to Missouri to see the baby for Easter as long as there is no snow or ice in Missouri. A month later we are planning a trip to Germany to visit my family and attend the wedding of our grandson at the beginning of June. I hope to be able to visit all of my friends while I am there and do a little shopping. So, now I can promise to post a lot of my crafty projects and I might even open and online store - but that is still in the future - we'll see.

No comments: